Welcome on my SharePoint 2010 blog

Hello,

My name's Roy. I'm a dutch SharePoint & BI consultant/architect at Advantive B.V. At this moment I'm busy with some big SharePoint 2010 projects in The Netherlands. In all the projects I've got different roles, like: Business consultancy, Lead Consultant, Architect (logical and technical), Development and Teaching/courses.

Products where you can ask me about are: SharePoint, Visual Studio, SQL Server, PowerPivot, Analysis and Reporting Services, Visio Services, InfoPath, PerformancePoint Services, Team Foundation Server, Office line.

I love to work and to write about Microsoft SharePoint 2010 so, feel free and read/comment my Blogs!

Greetz.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Managed Metadata not supported in Infopath 2010

A very short Blog, but a very usefull:

Managed Metadata is not supported at this moment in Infopath 2010, due some other priorities in the development of Office 2010 (document panel). This is the msdn discussion, in the last section it says the following:

It is a fair chunk of work to get a field supported in InfoPath forms server list upsizing, and this is the first release with the feature.  There are tradeoffs during the development and stabilization of the features.  For the EMM InfoPath feature, we couldn't get the code to the quality bar that we wanted in the time we had, and the rich client (Word/Excel/PPT) customization was deemed higher priority ( as were things like search refinements, multi-lingual support, service federation, enterprise keywords, etc.)


No comments:

Post a Comment